Monday, March 28, 2011

Contemporary house with an Elvis type bathroom!!

Ref:  6674g

Price: 235.000€ (agency fee included)


Ha!  So you are now waiting to see the bathroom.  Well as I often say...  bathrooms are normally very functional rooms in France and not a lot of thought goes into design or colour...  but someone went a little mad here!!  You have to wait to see it further down....!!



The property itself is very contemporary style as I said.  Exterior is in good condition, interior certainly needs re-decorating. Situated in a nice residential area just outside of Gourdon in the LOT.  In fact there are nice views across the countryside also so you do not feel as though you are in a built up area.

*3 bedrooms
*2 bathrooms
*Salon 21m²
*Huge lounge of 67m²
*Kitchen
*Utility room
*Workshop 26m²
*Garage 24m²
*Garden 1300m²

Now the photo's were taken on a dark, dismal rainy day...  so they do not show this house off to it's best.  Having said that - I wish it had been darker inside then you may not have seen the dirty marks on the bedroom wall!!
Joking aside, I think that this property could actually be brought back to something quite exceptional and mostly by just re-decorating.  No huge works needed here.  I can imagine the whole of the interior being painted white and going for a very minimalistic look - could look stunning.  

The house is up and down on different levels...  making it quite interesting.  The lounge room is huge and has a high open ceiling.  



Lots of light with the many windows which is always great in my book..  The kitchen is ok, clean with fitted units.  Bedrooms certainly need decorating!  




The bathroom!  We had such a giggle trying  to take the photo's... as we ended up in the mirrors, whichever way we tried.  In the end, I stuck my arm around the door so as not to have me in the picture!

To say you are in a residential area, the garden is nicely enclosed by hedging so no nosey neighbours can see in...  the front has been left exposed to see the views which is great from the terrace.




My view:  Get out the paintbrush and you could be living somewhere really quite nice!

Please contact me if you would like further specific information by e-mail, kim@century21.fr

Don't forget to add me to your favourites or click on the link to 'follow' the blog. I will be updating as and when new properties come onto the market, news about the area, oh, and a little about my French life!!


                    


No comments:

Post a Comment