Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A town house with beautiful features!

Ref:  Car-g

Price:  191.000€ (agency fee included)


Well what a surprise this property was!  Situated just on the outskirts of the town of Gourdon in the Lot, South West France.
My colleague Jean Michel, (who is new in the Gourdon office) had brought in the mandate for this property and was jumping up and down with excitement telling me how much I was going to like this one.  Ummm...  I thought!   You see, with my blog and because I try to be honest with my write-ups of the properties, my colleagues are sometimes a little fearful of my opinion and what I may say!  So it's either, huge gushing of "you are going to lurrrve like this one Kim" and they go into detail, or of course, the inverse where they rarely comment.  I make them cringe sometimes when I take the warts 'n' all photo's of some properties and post them!!
I have to say I was not expecting such a lovely place!!  A few minutes walk to the centre of the town, in great condition inside and out and...  with some very nice features!

*3 Bedrooms
*Kitchen
*Lounge
*Conservatory
*Bathroom 
*Full basement which includes a utility area.
*Independent garage;
*1041m² of garden

Arriving at the property, you don't feel terribly enthused I have to say,  although I smiled very politely at Jean Michel who was still boiling over with excitement!  The garden is a bit bland, a little bit too much gravel but then there has been hardly any planting whatsoever.  Have to say though it was impeccably clean and tidy.  So my thoughts at this stage were a little neutral...  Getting closer to the property, I started to like the fact that the exterior was in good order (a huge bonus here!) and then the lovely windows....
On entering through the front door...  Ah ha!!    Beautiful old original floor tiles.  I took a close up for you as they are just soooo nice! 

The kitchen is, well older French style but is fitted and in very good and clean condition.   The lounge is a good size, almost 30m² but there are the most beautiful decorative cornices, oh and a marble fireplace!  The floors are all wooden and there is not even any offensive orange wallpaper (that the French love so much, only that shiny stuff but that can be cured!)   I'm now smiling at Jean Michel...and he has a kind of smug look on his face!  Does 'smiling like a cheshire cat' translate or even mean anything in French? !




Must not forget the roomy conservatory which leads off of the kitchen.  Perfect for another reception room.  I thought perhaps a dining room?
Upstairs I'm next led into the bathroom (yes by Jean Michel!).  Oh my.... yes it's coloured!!  But that is not really a surprise to me any more.  At least it has a feeling of being cosy.  Most French bathrooms have a distinct feeling of being just functional!  So you might want to replace with a nice white suite but that in fact is not a huge or expensive job.
The three bedrooms are all good sizes.  Again, all in good condition with those lovely wooden floors and marble fireplaces.

Downstairs, in the basement there is ample room for storage plus the utility room.  Outside there is a large independent garage.
Outside and of course from the windows, you have a view of the old part of Gourdon....fantastic! (It was a grey day the photo was taken).  And you have views to the front into the distance.  Now this property is in the town so of course you are surrounded by other properties.  However, the garden once planted will give you privacy and the garden surrounds the house so no-one is to near.  You get to live the French life though with everything nearby including the restaurants!
My view:  Fab property!  If you are looking for something without major works needing, want character and want to live in the bustle of a French town, this is one you should not dismiss.  A little thought into including those wonderful features into your deco scheme will see you living very pleasantly and comfortably.

and here is our lovely Jean Michel!


Please contact me if you would like further specific information by e-mail, kim@century21.fr

Don't forget to add me to your favourites or click on the link to 'follow' the blog. I will be updating as and when new properties come onto the market, news about the area, oh, and a little about my French life!!


Add me to Face-book!!  Link above right!!








No comments:

Post a Comment